We all want radiant, flawless skin without the price tag of the salon…. Right? I know I do, so there must be others that do as well! Here are some DIY face masks to get your face looking like perfection in no time without breaking the bank.
Chocolate Facial Mask
This decadent mask is actually an excellent moisturizer it leaves your skin baby soft.
Recommended for normal skin.
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cottage cheese
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 teaspoons oatmeal powder
Mix all ingredients together and smooth onto face. Relax for 10 minutes, then wash off with warm water.
Frozen Egg & Honey Facial Mask
Recommended for dry skin, this is particularly soothing on sunburned skin.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (but not hot)
- 1 tablespoon honey
– Beat the egg in a small bowl until frothy and wellmixed. Slowly add the liquid coconut oil and honey, beating until your mask is the consistency of mayonnaise.
– Take an empty toilet tissue roll and set it on end in a clean bowl. Spoon mixture into the cardboard toilet paper roll. Place tube, in the bowl, in the freezer overnight.
– To use, peel away just the top 1/4 inch of the cardboard roll and smooth the frozen stick over your face (think of it as a push-up pop). Leave your mask on for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
-Return the cream stick covered with plastic wrap and frozen between uses. Keeps indefinitely.
Avocado Carrot Cream Mask
This mask is rich in vitamin E, beta carotene, antioxidants, calcium and protein, ingredients that may help rebuild skin collagen, fade age spots and improve tone and texture.
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 carrot, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
Combine all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Spread gently over your face and neck, and leave in place 10-15 minutes. Rinse with cool water and follow with your favorite toner.